The tiny house movement has been growing in popularity for several years throughout the United States, and has started to gain ground in Canada as a way for people to live a simpler, portable, more affordable lifestyle. While this lifestyle is not for everyone, the concept is looking more appealing in places where owning your own home is becoming more and more difficult.
The Dragonfly is our contemporary take on the tiny house movement, and features a design that could comfortably sleep three people and is suitable for entertaining. The house is twenty feet in length and eight foot four inches wide, with a total square footage of 159 sq ft. The structure is built on a flat deck trailer, and the overall dimensions make it road legal for easy transportation. We also offer 24’ and 28’ long versions, which include more space and some additional features.
The Dragonfly-20 was designed as not only a way to achieve simpler living, but also takes comfort into account. The Dragonfly-20 has an abundance of large windows and two skylights on the roof to bring in natural light and make it feel more open.
Additional features include:
- Double patio doors on each side
- Fold down deck on each side
- Compact kitchen with small appliances
- Propane fireplace
- Unique pull-out stair to loft space c/w storage
- Loft space serves as small bedroom
- Pull out sofa bed w/ built in storage on either side
- Pull out table for dining
- Bathroom with shower, toilet, and small sink
- Wood frame construction or SIPS
- Spray foam insulation